We’ve collated a series of tips, quick fixes and general care advice to ensure your camper runs smoothly and you avoid any common problems when out on the road! These are all broken down into sections below to help you find what you need.
Camping Checklist = What you will need when you get started
Care Advice = How to look after your pride and joy
General Tips = The main points to owning your van
Quick Fix = Little fixes, checks and repair guides
We welcome any additional tips from seasoned campers too, so just drop us an email with your advice, there might even be a Camper King goodie bag awarded for the best tip!
Insurance, who, where, what, how ???
We recommend SafeGuard insurance for the following reasons:
1. They know what a ” Camper conversion ” is
2. They have a dedicated team that deals with campers
3. They know our company and can establish better costs for your conversion
4. They are independent and competitive
Call them on 0800 588 4986
How does : The Power system work
Your power management system controls the services inside your van, to operate lights, electrical appliances, and your water supply you will need to be familiar with it
- Button to check the drink water tank.
- Button to check the leisure battery.
- Button to check the car battery.
- Awning light switch, it switches automatically off when you startup the engine.
- Leds to signal the drink water tank levels
- It shows the waste water tank test, the blinking indicates the full tank alarm.
- Blinking led to signal the full waste water tank; the alarm is indicated also from the blinking of the led.
- It shows the car and leisure batteries recharging through engine alternator.
- It shows the car battery test, the blinking indicates the discharged battery alarm.
- It shows the leisure battery test, the blinking indicates the discharged battery alarm.
11. Led to signal 230V net on.
- Led-Voltmeter to check the voltage of the car and leisure batteries.
- Awning light switch; this ext light switches automatically off when you start up the engine, depends on the main switch.
14. Waterpump switch; it controls the pump relays and depends on the main switch.
15. Mains general switch, the blinking of the led indicates that the battery is discharged and the next intervention of the minimal voltage control.
Water tank maintenance
Travel to Europe
When you are planning to Travel to Europe, you need to ensure you have the following:
1. Warning triangle
2. High viz vest for each passenger
3. First Aid Kit
4. Alcohol Breathalyser ( Not always enforced but better safe than sorry )
5. European roadside assistance cover, with re-patriation included
6. GB badges or euro plates
7. Headlight adjusters or re alignment for left hand driving
Failure to have these items could result in your trip being greatly effected so ensure you plan carefully and take what you need